Love

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peachy Peaches


This summer/fall I discovered a new love for peaches! Charlie, Cayeling and I spent the day canning peaches. I haven't done this in years! It was quite the task, especially with 3 little kids running around. But we had a blast and they turned out so yummy!
Also, my mother-in-law makes this amazing peach dessert and this year I bought my own peaches and made the dessert several times. Here's the recipe: (YOU'LL LOVE IT)
1 box vanilla wafers
1- 8oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 of a square of butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
10-12 peaches-fresh
1 pt whipping cream
2 Tbsp powd. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Crush the box of vanilla wafers and place 3/4 of the mixture in a 9x13 pan. Whip cream cheese, sugar, egg ,butter, vanilla together until smooth. Set aside. Peel and slice the peaches then carefully fold them into the cream cheese mixture. Pour over the crumbs in the pan. Whip the cream, add 2 Tbsp powd. sugar and vanilla until thick. Spread over the cream cheese mixture, lastly adding the rest of the crumbs. Cover and chill for as long as you can stand it.
ITS AMAZING!!! HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH!!

2 comments:

DaNae said...

Yummy! I think I know Cayeling. Is she from Spokane?

Joseph Draschil said...

Sounds super tasty. Make sure to invite us over earlier next time--before Matson eats it all. ;-)