Love

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Healthy Heart


As some of you know I've had 2 minor heart surgery's this year. This little device is called a loop-recorder. They put this just below my heart and then attached wires to the device and then to my heart. It recorded any time I had an episode (fainting, seizure ect...). Turns out I never needed it in the first place because the recordings didn't tell us anything! I saw another doctor (shout out to dr. whang!) after the recorder was put in, who actually LISTENED to what I was saying and diagnosed me on the spot with vasovagal syncope. Which is just a fancy word for - I pass out a lot. My "seizures" weren't really seizures - they just looked exactly like one. So I have to salt everything I eat, stay away from refined sugar (guess how well I've done that!?!?), drink excessive amounts of water and practice standing.... yes - practice standing. I'm glad to have it all figured out, but not so happy about the outrageous medical bills. I've felt fine since - a few dizzy spells here and there but nothing too major. Thanks for all the love and prayers! And I'm selling the loop recorder for $5,000 to pay for the medical bills if anyone is interested!

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Yikes! Crazy stuff! I'm glad you got it figured out!

Jessi said...

I had no idea! Glad things are figured out and that you are feeling better. sounds so scary! hope things continue to go well! ... and hey!- practice makes perfect right? you could be an olympian stander if you continue to do as the dr. ordered.

Jessi said...

that was from jessi sherwood--- my identity is messed up.

Grace Hart said...

Wow I'm so glad you got it figured out roomie! Love and miss you lots!

Laurie said...

Oh My Goodness! I did not know any of this! WHAT!!!! I swear Richard never passes the info on. I am so glad you are doing well! Have you done well practicing standing?(hehehe) I hope you are doing well!