
Just a month ago I said good-bye (well, more of a see you later) to the ice: to coaching and training. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Hands down. I would rather go through labor 10 times then have to walk away from what has been so much more than just a job to me. 12 years ago I stepped onto the ice for the first time and I haven't been off since! Even when I was pregnant with Taylee I coached and after she was born I was back on the ice. Not to sound corny but I truly feel like a piece of me is lost or something. I enjoyed teaching every single one of my students. Coaching never felt like a job to me; it was more like play while sharing my passion - doesn't get any better than that!! I miss it more than anything in the entire world, but I also know that it was the right decision for me and my family. Moving so far from the rink and with baby #2 on the way, it feels right to stay home but it's NOT easy.
I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had for 6 years to teach. It blessed my life in a million different ways. And oh boy did I learn a thing or two! When I think back to my training years, had I known what I know now - HOLY COW!!! I'd be a completely different skater. It's changed my life in so many ways. I can honestly say that I know, without a doubt that I would not be the same person I am today without skating and coaching in my life. I know I'll still skate every once in a while, I can't not; but I'm excited when I get to do it on a regular basis. I hope that day is sooner than later...
And to ALL my students - I LOVE YOU!!!
8 comments:
Aww, I'm sad for you. But I think it's great that you will be staying home with those babies- that's what they need : )
I totally understand where you're coming from!! I still feel the same way . . . I miss the rink and my students, but I love being a mommy :-) Good luck!
Congrats on baby #2. I know how you feel! Every time I walk by a gym where people are playing volleyball I feel the same way. Being a mom is so worth it, though! :)
I miss you fourteen thousand. I am happy that you are a wonderful mom, in fact, a nominee for the best mom ever award. What wonderful years we had on the ice...
Stinks growing up doesn't it?
Congrats on baby #2 my first two in the same order,girl then boy and 21 months apart and I loved it!
Afton!!!! First of all congrats on baby # 2, boys are so much fun!! Second Taylee is so stinking cute! I just had another little boy a month ago, i wish we lived near eachother so they could all play! I miss teaching skating with all of you guys, it's not the same up here, my passion is really lacking. I need your email so I can invite you to my blog! Miss you!!!!
BRITTA!!! E-mail me!! We need to catch up! AftonTolman@gmail.com
Post a Comment