Love
Thursday, February 16, 2012
13.1
I AM NOT A RUNNER. I have a crazy friend in my ward, that is a runner. We started doing casual morning jogs (mainly for social reasons). She said that she was doing a half marathon in October and asked if I wanted to do it with her. NO. WAY. She began her training process and I just happened to be running along side her. We spent hours together, and I guess that's how she convinced me! So, I signed up for the Provo Halloween Half. It was super fun... until mile 10. That's when I wanted to fall over dead. I had run 10 miles before, so I didn't think 13 was going to be that much worse - oh boy was I WRONG! Needless to say, I was THE HAPPIEST person alive when I saw that FINISH LINE! My time: 2hrs 1 min. I swore I'd never do it again, I was sore for DAYS!!! It's something that I'm really glad I did, because never in a million years would I have thought me, "miss I-hate-to-run" would ever do a half marathon. There's another one coming up... we'll see...
Waiting for the buses - that was the worst part - we were freezing. And yes - I'm supposed to look that ridiculous. I was and 80's exercise chick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment